Inches to US Shoe Size–Conversion Guide to Finding Your Shoe Size
Written by Sherin Hylan
When you want to buy a great pair of dress shoes online but are unsure of what size to get, grab a ruler or measuring tape–you can find your shoe size by measuring your feet. You will then be able to convert the inches to US shoe size.
When measuring your feet for footwear, there are two measurements you will need. One measurement is for the length of the shoe, and the other is for the width of the shoe. Typically, you will hear people refer to their shoe size by the length instead of the width. However, the width is just as important to a good fit as the length.
Steps to Measure Your Feet
There are some simple steps to follow when taking measurements.
1. Stand against a flat wall to insure accuracy. Place the back of your heel of your left foot snug against the wall. Make sure your foot is completely flat by keeping your weight forward.
2. Without moving your foot from its place, bend down and measure your left foot from the back of the heel to the tip of the longest toe. Make note of this measurement.
3. Repeat steps one and two to measure your right foot.
4. Use the longest measurement from both feet as the length.
5. To find the width, you will need to measure the widest part of your foot. Repeat this step for both feet. Then use the widest measurement from both feet.
Time to Shop
Now that you have your length and width measurements, go back to Florsheim and look for a size conversion chart. This chart will use the values you found to convert your foot size from inches to US shoe size. Always use the size either equal to or greater than your measurements, as it is best to get a size slightly larger than slightly smaller. Once you find your size, you will be ready to shop for fantastic shoes like the Florsheim Haviland.
Read more on Matching Guide
Posted November 13, 2012
Tags: inches to us shoe size, shoe fit, shoe fit guide, shoe fitting, shoe measurements, shoe size, shoe size calculator, size measurements